FUTURE TENSE

FUTURE TENSE

1 We use will/won't to talk about predictions based on opinions: something that we believe or calculate.

Jack wil win the race ( in my opinion, he will )

2 We use adverbs such as certainly, definitely and probably to say how sure our prediction is. The climate will definitely change.

I probably eill homework.

3 We use will to talk about sudden decisions, when announcing decisions which have just been made.

OK, I promise. I will call you.

4 will is used in all other cases, eg. making promises, threats, offers, etc.

Will you come to my party. ( invitation )

Will you come with us for a caffee? ( offer )

Stop calling me or I will call the police. ( threat )



BE GOİNG TO VS WİLL

Prediction-

It's cloudy. It will/is going to rain. Oh, look! That car is going to crash

Your quiz scores are high. You are going to pass.

This quiz will be very difficult. I doupt, he will pass the exam.

I will always love you.

Will : hopes,doupts,thougts,beliefes etc.



PRESENT SİMPLE AND PRESENT CONTINUOUS TO TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE

We can also use present simple and present continuous to talk about the future.


We can use present simple

Talking about a schedule timetable or program

after time clauses : while,when,before,after,until,till etc.

İf clauses type 1 İf it rains tomorrow I will stay at home.

My plane leaves at 6 am takes off.


We can use present continuous.

Near future

To talk about our arrengements in the near future.

Do you want to get the cinema tonight.

I am sorry. I am playing futball tonight.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kategoriler

Medyads.com - Medyadsense Theme

About me